Patient care after recovery – Taking care of ICU patients
Patient care after recovery is a service provided by Curexmed. For patients after recovery from surgeries, and also provides care for patients after discharge from intensive care
Patient care after recovery, is a service we provide in Curexmed. Many patients and their families may suffer from dealing with the health condition and caring for patients after surgery, and from this perspective, we have developed patient care after recovery service at home, where we provide all types of health, service, and psychological care for the patient to contribute to faster recovery such as home nursing service and home elderly care, and all of these services we provide in the fastest time and at the best prices.
Care of patient after surgical operation at hospitals
Usually, the patient’s health is checked and his health condition is confirmed before he is sent home.
After the surgeries, the doctor sends patients to the intensive care rooms so that the medical team can closely monitor the patient’s condition and deal with any complications that may occur after the operation. When the patient’s health condition is stable, the patient is sent to a hospital health care room until he is released home to start the patient’s recovery journey, which duration may vary from one surgery to another and according to the patient’s health condition.
Care of patient after surgical operation at home
Post-operative care at home services helps patients recover more quickly, keep the patient safe, provide the right environment for the patient’s mental and physical health, and help them avoid hospital stays.
At Curexmed, we provide many types of home care for patients that suit all their needs based on the doctor’s instructions and personal preferences, many people may need comprehensive medical care, others may need home nursing service, they may need live-in service, a specified number of hours per day, or temporarily for several days.
Depending on the type of surgery and the patient’s health condition, the patient may need:
The role of home nursing in post-operative patient care at home:
- Wound care.
- Medicines management.
- Change wound dressings and drainage fluids.
- Follow up on the patient’s health status.
- Communicate the progress of the patient’s condition to the attending physician.
home care (personal care)
Patient sitters contribute to providing assistance and personal care to the patient, such as:
- Shower and get dressed.
- food cooking.
- Housekeeping of cleaning and washing.
- Buying food and medicine products.
- Doing exercise.
- Remind the patient about the medication.
- Drive the patient to medical appointments.
Physiotherapists, social workers, psychologists, and speech-language pathologists also have an important role in the recovery process.
Caring of cardiac patient at home
At Curxmede, we provide care of cardiac patients at home, which may include their care after heart surgeries such as open heart, heart stenting, and heart bypass surgery, and may also include care of heart failure patient at home and provide all their medical needs and home care.
Heart failure is one of the chronic diseases that may affect the performance of the heart muscle.
Many heart diseases, such as high blood pressure and narrow heart arteries, may cause weakening and stiffening of the heart muscle, which may affect the heart’s ability to draw blood and pump it appropriately.
Symptoms of heart failure:
- Shortness of breath when resting or exerting.
- Feeling of exhaustion, general weakness, and inability.
- swelling of the legs, and feet.
- Abdominal distension.
- Chronic cough.
- Increased and irregular heartbeat.
Care of heart failure patient at home and cardiac surgery patients
The main goal of heart care at home and contributing to a faster recovery is the gradual recovery of physical fitness known as (cardiac rehabilitation) and reducing the risk of another heart attack. Home care providers and home nursing help to:
- Take care of wounds and change dressings.
- Pain relief.
- Helping the patient to achieve doctor’s orders related to physical and motor effort.
- Pay attention to the patient’s healthy diet.
- Providing psychological and emotional support to the patient.
- Management of medication and patient sleep times.
Stroke patient care at home
A stroke occurs when the movement of blood and its flow to one part of the brain is stopped or obstructed, which leads to a lack of oxygen and other nutrients reaching those parts, and brain cells are exposed to death.
- Difficulty speaking.
- difficulty understanding.
- Feeling of numbness in the extremities or the face, especially on one side of the body.
- It may develop paralysis on one side of the body.
- vision disturbances.
- Difficulty and shortness of breath.
- Dizziness, nausea, and vomiting.
- Difficulty walking and moving.
Care of stroke patient at home
Stroke patients may need a physical and speech therapist to help them:
- Treatment of speech, and speech production, and understanding problems after a stroke.
- Doing physical exercises to help them overcome movement problems.
- Improving the patient’s ability to perform daily activities such as eating, drinking, reading, and writing.
- Use medication and therapy to treat depression and improve mental health.
- Avoid having another stroke.
- Treating the causes of stroke.
Home care for hepatic encephalopathy patients
Hepatic encephalopathy usually occurs in people with liver disease and cirrhosis, as it occurs as a result of the accumulation of toxins in the blood and reaches the brain and leads to the emergence of mental and physical symptoms that precede the coma, such as inattention, excessive drowsiness, mood changes, tremors in the hands, personality changes, and slow movement, Interfering with speech.
Care of patient after hepatic encephalopathy:
- Personal care of the patient and assistance in bathing and dressing.
- Medication and medical condition management.
- Managing the patient’s diet.
- Inform the physician of any developments in the patient’s physical and mental behavior.
- Provide moral and emotional support to the patient.
- Drive the patient to medical appointments.
- Avoid having another hepatic coma.
Care of tracheostomy patient at home
A home medical care team consisting of a doctor, nurse, and physiotherapist helps tracheostomy patients:
- Help the patient use the tube in swallowing.
- Administer medication to the patient.
- Helping the patient breathe through a tracheostomy tube.
- Assisting the patient in learning to speak with a tracheostomy tube or other speaking devices.
- Pay attention to the wound and remove the stitches after recovery.
- Pay attention to the patient’s diet.
- Pay attention to the cleanliness of the tracheostomy tube.
Care of gastrostomy patient at home
The gastric tube is used to put liquid nutrition or medication directly into the stomach. It may also be used to empty the stomach of fluids and gases. The role of caring for gastrostomy patients at home is:
- Administer medication to the patient.
- Clean the secretions from the stomach tube.
- Correct use and care of the tube.
- Administer the patient’s diet and feed the patient by tube.
- Remove or replace the tube.
How are Alzheimer’s patients cared for at home?
Care of Alzheimer patients requires patience and flexibility, and this is what we offer at Alzheimer’s Home Care:
- Establish a specific daily routine for the patient.
- Social communication with the patient.
- Increase mental activities and exercises that improve mental health.
- Create a safe surrounding environment for the patient to reduce the accidents that he may be exposed to.
- Managing medications, reminding the patient of medication appointments, and supervising their intake.
- Manage a healthy diet for the patient and help him eat.
How are cancer patients cared for at home?
Dealing with people with cancer can be both physically and mentally challenging, so we offer Curxmede care of cancer patient service to provide them with all kinds of support including:
- Psychological and emotional support.
- Medical care assistance.
- Medication management.
- Healthy diet management.
- Act as a communicator between the patient and the treating medical team.
How can I request a post-operative patient care service at home?
Get in touch with Curexmed to get a post-operative patient care service at home, where we provide the best service in the fastest time and at the lowest possible price.
What is the price of patient care after recovery at home?
The price of Curexmed Post-Operative Patient Care Service varies depending on several factors including the type of service required, its duration, the patient’s health condition, and the location of the patient.